Visitor Visa for widowed mother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for widowed mother?

My mother, a recent widow and above 60, is looking to apply for a visitor's visa to USA to visit me for 4-6 months for change of scenary and overcoming grief.

My questions are:

1. will visa officer perceive this incorrectly w.r.t. ties to India even though the intention is strict short-term visit.

2. all property etc. was in my father's name and it will take time to organize and transfer it to my mother's name. So what are the acceptable documents in such a case.

In India, she will inherit father's lifetime pension, decent bank balance and other assets. Also, for ties, my sister lives in India with family and all other relatives are in India.

Any experiences, guidance and advise would be greatly apppreciated.

thanks,
    ramnath

1. Yes, that can possibly be a problem.
    2. Documents in father's name should be fine.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Any suggestions to overcome this perception of been a potential immigrant when there is no intent.

Comment

No special rules here. Same usual rules apply here. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor

After she gets visa but before she comes here, consider buying visitor medical insurance for her, available for instant purchase at www.immihelp.com/insurance
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Visitor VIsa for widowed mother

List all of your father's assets, preferably certified by a CA or on his letterhead. Have your mother prepare an stamped affidavit stating her ties to India including her daughter, grandchildren, relatives, husband's property and anything else you can think about. If possible, also list all her investments, pension, etc.

Comment

Hi newUser2003:

My heartfelt condolences and am really sorry for your Loss.
            I am in the exact situation as my Father passed away recently. Also, I am the only son and have a married younger Sister living in India.

Did you mention the reason for visit as "change of scenary and overcoming grief"? Did your Mother get the VISA Approved? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance
            ColoradoGuy

Comment

Guys, if you are applying for visitor(tourist) visa, the best reason to apply is for 'Tourism'. Therefore, please mention that.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X