Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's Visa Rejected

hi,

My mom had gone to mumbai consulate yesterdat, her visa was rejected on grounds of "Insufficient Funds". We had shown funds of around 7000$ + . How much is needed to show?. When should i ideally try again?. If we are able to show quite a amount in her bank(say more than 10 lakhs), will that work?

Regards,
    Suhas

re

Funds is not the issue, I had shown a whole lot more but still they rejected. What documents did she carry to prove her ties to India?

Comment

I am the family

I am the only son and she is a widow .So no family ties to prove as such.

Will they(consulate) give "Insufficient funds" as reason even though they are rejecting because of not having sufficient family ties back in India??

but still i think that is one more criteria and she could be rejected next time on that ground even if i show enough balance.

Comment

I think they rejected because she is widow and you are the only son, funds reason was given only as an excuse. In my case, mom is widow and has three sons, still they rejected under section 214(b). Completely arbitrary.

Comment

Can we now reapply

Can we now reapply with one of my cousins sponsoring her...so at least we can eliminate the reason they gave us while rejecting this time.

Comment

Re: Can we now reapply

One of your cousins sponsoring her wouldn't change the circumstances.

$7000 is more than enough.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X