Mom's visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's visa rejected

My mother's visa was rejected today. She is 68 years old and a widow. She had all the required documents. I am GC holder. The consul officer just asked 3 questions

Q1 How many sons do you have?
    Q2: Son sponsoring your visa is oldest or youngest?
    Q3: When did your husband pass away?

He just rejected without looking at any documents that I provided.

I am not sure if I should ask my mom to reapply because nothing else will change again. I will really appreciate people's advice.

You can try again. In general, if nothing changes, same decision will be made again. But you can take chances and try your luck.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Personal Affidavit and property papers

I wish I had read this site before. Based on what I see, I should have asked my mother to carry a persnal affidavit and copies of immovable properties owned by her. I have a couple of questions:

(1) Can she reapply through drop box now?
      (2) At what stage does she have to submit the personal affidavit and property papers? Along with non-immigrant visa application or produce them at time of interview?

others can also respond whose parents got visa. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Re: Personal Affidavit and property papers

1. No.
        2. Interview time
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Depends on questions

I understand its important to be prepared with personal affidavit/property papers but if the officer does'nt ask any question requiring production of those papers then there is no way to show him, right?

Comment

same case with parents visa at Chennai consulate

Hi,
            My parents visa were also rejected similarly.
            The officer asked 2 questions
            1. How many children?
            2. What are they doing?

Didn't see parents property or CA documents. Parents attempted to show officer after he said "no" and he said he wasn't interested in seeing the documents.They were rejected because they didn't have strongties to India.

Why?

Can they reapply?
            If they get a reject 2nd time, can they not apply for 2 years after that?

Comment

re:

Was your parents' first attempt to get visitor visa? Did they try through the drop box first?

Regarding your question of "Why?" , I am equally clueless. Been thinking of all possible reasons why they rejected my mother's visa without seeing any documents. The fact that I did'nt send my passport copies the first time when she applied through dropbox could have played a role? I don't know.

The 2 year rule is not there anymore, they can apply any number of times.

Comment

My mom and dad were applying fo rthe first time.No drop box as they were younger than 60 They asked for my sisters passport copy. She works in the US too. And I didn't send it as I thought there won't be any need as I was sponsoring.

Also, I want them to re-apply asap... Is it possible to be waitlisted for apointments through TT services, just in case someone else cancels?

Any idea.

Comment

re:

Check the ttvisas website (modify/cancel appt link) few times a day and find an open slot because there are quite a few cancellations. I was able to get an earlier appointment for my mom that way.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X