NRI traveling with family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRI traveling with family

I am a 63 year old NRI (just recently retired permanently and hence have no income tax returns in India) with a valid U.S visitor visa. I wish to travel to the U.S to visit my elder daughter with my wife (58yrs) and daughter who live in India. I have previously applied for a visitor visa for my wife but it was rejected under 214(b). I wish to apply the fourth time around but this time I would really appreciate it if I could get some good advice on the documents that could help me. I do not know how I can convince the consulate that we have no intentions of abandoning our peaceful and happy home in India- our dharma bhoomi. I could use some experiences and suggestions.

Read discussions on this board and read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor

You are saying you are NRI. But you said you are living in India and you have US visitor visa. Could you please explain how you are NRI?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

NRI traveling with family

Well, may be I should say " I used to be an NRI" since I am planning to live in India henceforth abandoning my resident status from another country. But my wife and children have been in India for many years now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X