Passport validity expired and delhi appt for B1/b2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport validity expired and delhi appt for B1/b2 visa

Its really encouraging to see the discussion forums with lots of valuable information . Kudos 2 immihelp
    I have few questions and thanks to all gurus in advance

1. I am planning to invite my in-laws this summer. My current H1B is valid until Oct 2004 and I have 3 more years to extend though. To make things more complex my Indian passport is expired Mar 2004 (10 Year expiry). When we send the supporting docs can I send this or do I need to get renewed passport and send latest one along with old one.
    2. Since my H1B stamp is only valid till Oct, would it cause problems for my in-laws to obtain visa. I will be more than happy if they get visa for 3 months.
    3. I have seen update on tts services that we can apply in delhi consulate for those who are seeking appt at chennai due to delay in getting interview dates. But they also mentioned that it is for those who demonstrate urgency in travel. I am not sure what kind of documention / evidence they look for in deciding if the case is urgent. No pun intended but how could one show evidence of urgency for seeking visitor visa for pleasure (I am not refering to other type of NI visas such as H1, L1 etc)

thanx

1. Get passport renewed first.
    2. That's Ok.
    3. There could be urgent situations where the persons want to come to US for medical treatment, visitor's relative in US is sick, injured or dead or similar situations.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X