Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for mother and cousin sister

Hi,

I am in the US on L1 visa and wanted to bring my mother and cousin sister. My sister is 14 yrs old. Is there any issue in getting them to US for 3 - 4 weeks?

Also how much bank balance should I show to get two people?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Uma

Income is more important than balance. More than USD 50k per yr should do.

Be advised that it is not easy getting a visitor visa. The most important issue that the officers consider is whether their situation in India will make them come back after the trip? Leaving family members behind and a stable source of good income is very important for success.

Comment

one more question

Thanks for your reply. I do have another question,

How long will the visa be valid for both of them? Is it compulsory that they need to travel once they receive Visa?

The reason why I am asking this question is, I am returning back to India next month and I am not sure how long the visa process is going to take before my return date.

I wanted my mother and sister to have the visa ready so next time when I am in US, I can get them.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
      Uma

Comment

Answer to your first post:

For Visitor visa, Visa officer normally test three situations:

1. Purpose of visit
        In your case, to see daughter and visit USA would be enough to satisfy they. Celebration of marriage anniversary, birthday, graduation etc will add value.
        Easy task

2. Financial capability for visit (Not on burden to USA goverment)

Either you can provide sponsorship (I 134, Bank balance, pay stuff, job letter etc)

Alternatively, your mother can show enough bank balance to buy ticket, health insurance, and other domestic travel expenditures
        Easy task.

3. Prove that visitor will return to home country within legally allowable time.

This is most difficult. burden on you to prove this. Family tie, properties, age will help

If Visa officer convince, normally he/she will give 10 years multiple entry visa. Your mother can travel any time within 10 years.

Originally posted by javagalaxy
        Thanks for your reply. I do have another question,

How long will the visa be valid for both of them? Is it compulsory that they need to travel once they receive Visa?

The reason why I am asking this question is, I am returning back to India next month and I am not sure how long the visa process is going to take before my return date.

I wanted my mother and sister to have the visa ready so next time when I am in US, I can get them.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
        Uma

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X