Independant Research on B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independant Research on B2 visa

I am 22 years old and I have graduated last year and I am currently in India. I lived in Dubai, U.A.E for the past 13 years and came back to India when my father passed away. I would like to visit chicago for 50 days to research and consult on entrepreneurial manufacturing. Following are the supporting docs I have :-

1) Self sponsorship + Mother's sponsorship + Sibling's sponsorship = $52,000 and I do have the affidavit of support from all of them.

2) Father passed away and therefore my mother gets Rs. 1.6 - 2 lacs per annum as income from rent and from my cousin which my mom has a stake in his business and have evidence of deposit for each year.

3) I have an email printout of my contact with depaul university on my research intention.

4) I have applied for MBA program in Dubai and would be getting an acceptance letter soon.

5) I have contacted an Indian family through craiglist.com for accommodation.

6) I don't have any one in the united states while I do have lots of people in Dubai.

Please assess my profile and give me an idea on what I should improve.

Thank you for your support.

What do you do currently? I could not figure out if you work, or study or do neither. These are serious drawbacks in your application and you need to make your case stronger to prove ties to your home country. Other things that you have mentioned (other than purpose of visit) are only of secondary importance.

Comment

I was working as a peachtree and tally instructor until march 10th. Moreover I would be leaving to Dubai, U.A.E by july once i get accepted. Does this help?

Comment

Well, seems like you dont have ties at all, but you may try your luck, who knows you might just get lucky

Comment

My family stays here in india. My mom, brother and sister. My mom has properties in her name. Would that help?

Comment

NOt at all. How can they be ties if despite them you left your home country for such a long time and are planning to do leave again?

Comment

Would it be a strong tie if was the legal heir to some properties or Have properties in my name?

Or

When I am dubai as an MBA student, Would the student status give me a strong tie to come back to dubai?

Thank you for your support orion. Please do comment more

Comment

You do not have sufficient ties, but you can highlight the purpose of the visit and attempt. Student status and heir status might be helpful.
                Last edited by orion; 03-14-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X