Plea for visitor visa not accepeted at Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plea for visitor visa not accepeted at Chennai

I have a valid B1/B2 visa on my passport and wanted to Visit parents in America this summer with my own family. My wife and daughter went to the consulate for the visa and it was not accepted. They rejected it stating that its against their rules to issue a visa if the whole family is traveling to the US. My concern is, if that's a rule then it should be listed on all the internet sites and let people be aware of it. I wonder why America does not accept visitors to come visit their place. I had proof of porperty, a stable job and title deeds of all the resources I won. I guess this is how the people at consulate make money. I wasted 10K rupees on the visas just to find out its one of their stupid rules not to issue visa for the whole family. I guess honesty is not always the best policy. I am sure that if I were to make **** papers and show **** proofs, my family could have got the visa, which is totally against my ethics.

Immihelp site helped me out a lot in carrying the documents that I would need to show at the consulate. I would be happy to see the rule "Visa cannot be issued if the whole family is traveling to the USA" added on the front page of the site.

I am open to any comments or suggestions on my views : [email protected]

Khaja

I am not aware of any such rule.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

The stamp on the passport

When the visa was not offered, my wife's and daughter's passport was marked by a stamp that said application received and the date. Black Stamp. No other codes written anywhere in the passport. What does that black stamp mean? Thanks.

Comment

Re: The stamp on the passport

I don't think color of stamp matters.
        When they stamp it that says application received, means rejected.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X