Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa - flight ticket purchasing

Hai all,

I am grad student here in US. My mom has gotten her visitor visa and she is coming over to US this summer. She is an arthritis patient so I was needing someone to accompany her to US, luckily one of my friend's wife is coming to US and she is going to help my mom with her travel. In this situation, i purchased a flight ticket (one way) for my mom in the same flight as my friend's wife. i did this because I know that she would need someone again to accompany her back to India and i would purchase her the flight ticket then after I know with whom and when and which flight she will be going back in India. But suddenly I am worried that this "one way ticket" purchase might cause some trouble for my mom when she lands in US, does anyone have previous experience with this, is it better to purchase her return ticket also now.

You could buy an open ticket and schedule the return trip date later. AFAIK, return ticket is required.

Comment

Originally posted by JStone View Post
      You could buy an open ticket and schedule the return trip date later. AFAIK, return ticket is required.
      hai Thanks for the info, I have purchased the one way ticket already, do you think I can still get the return ticket as an open ticket, I am little confused in here, please post me ur suggestions as to what i need to do next.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by madhurivet View Post
        hai Thanks for the info, I have purchased the one way ticket already, do you think I can still get the return ticket as an open ticket, I am little confused in here, please post me ur suggestions as to what i need to do next.
        Thanks in advance
        Thank you, I was finally able to do the open ticket as itwasnt long since i had gotten the one way. i am glad i came to know about it at the right time. Are there any other things that we need to take care of before someone starts from India, during their travel and during the arrival in the US airport (immigration clearance).

Comment

http://immihelp.com/trip-cancellation-insurance/ - just the usual stuff to be aware of before someone starts from their home country to US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X