Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIV Visitor Visa, issued but haven't travelled yet

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could clear some of my questions, stated below.

Here's the situation :-

My parents have been issued a 10 Year Multiple entry - B2/ Tourist B2, Visa in July 2002, at Chennai, embassy via Drop-Box.

They were supposed to visit me during that Summer of 2002.

Although within few weeks, after the Visa was issued, while getting their medical check up etc. my mother was diagnosed with malignant tumours. Found she had lymphoma, and she has been completely trated, and she's fully recovered. Hence both my parents have not travelled to US, on medical ground. My Dad needed to be with her, to support her.

The question that I have is,

- Now that it has been 2 years since their Visa is issued, can they still travel and visit me this Year.

I did read from this website, that they could travel till their Visa stamp is Valid.

- Since my paperwork I have sent them has become old now, and perhaps is not totally updated, given the fact that I have changed Jobs since then, and also have travelled to India, and hence my passport has newer stamps etc.

Would I need to re-send all the updated paper work needed for them to show at the port of entry such as

- My H-1B copies,
    - Affidavit of Support
    - My Passport copies, SSN copies,
    - Employment Verification letters
    - Letters to Chennai consulate
    -Letter to parents inviting them

etc. and so forth.

I would appreciate if anybody can clarify my questions, above.

Thanks !
    -Rama

You don't need to send anything. They can just buy ticket and travel to US anytime before their visa stamp expires.

Good luck

Before they come to US, consider buying visitor medical insurance for them, available for instant purchase at www.immihelp.com/insurance
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X