Affidavit of Support Form I-134 - Visitor Visa - Original or Photocopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support Form I-134 - Visitor Visa - Original or Photocopy

I'm sending the Affidavit of Support form for my parents. I just want to do it quickly. Should I send the original form (with notary sign) or the photocopy is enough?

Thanks in advance!

If you are required to get a form notarized, it means they are expecting the original. What is the use of a notarization if you are sending the copy? None.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Invitation and Letter to Consulate

My office travel desk people are telling that the photocopy is enough for all the documents. Affidavit form of Support, Invitation Letter and Letter to Consulate. But my agent is asking for the originals. I don't find clear answer anywhere. Even in vfs-usa.co.in site, they mentioned as follows

"5. It is also helpful to carry evidence of how the trip will be financed along with letters of deputation, invitation or sponsorship also known as the Affidavit of Support (Form I-134). "

But all other items, they mentioned explicitly "photocopy" or "original".

Please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
        If you are required to get a form notarized, it means they are expecting the original. What is the use of a notarization if you are sending the copy? None.
        Thanks for your immediate reply. We noticed that "notary" sign is not required for this affidavit of support for anymore. In this case, should i send the original?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X