Visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa

My parents have got visItor visa only for 3 months valid until March 16th 2004.And they are coming on Jan 29th 2004.
    At the port of entry,In case they are given a stay until March 16th 2004 or just one month, CAN WE APPLY FOR EXTENSION OF VISTOR VISA AND IF SO CAN THEY STAY UNTIL THEY RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM INS?HOW SOON CAN WE APPLY FOR EXTENSION?

WILL IT BE APPROVED EVEN THOUGH THEIR VISA IS VALID ONLY UNTIL MAR 16TH?

If they get 1 month at POE apply for ext immediately and they can stay till they get reply from INS.

1) is this first time they are coming?
    2) which consulate in India did they apply?

Comment

The visa is only an entry document. It has to be valid when they enter. It does not matter for how long it is valid. Consider the visa something like a movie theater ticket. It allows you to enter (actually the visa allows you to apply for entry) and it irrelevant once you are in the theater.
      When they get admitted, they get an I-94. Visitors for pleasure (B2) usually get 6 months on the I-94. That is all what matters. The visa is completely irrelevant at from that time on.

Comment

visit

Originally posted by JoeF
        The visa is only an entry document. It has to be valid when they enter. It does not matter for how long it is valid. Consider the visa something like a movie theater ticket. It allows you to enter (actually the visa allows you to apply for entry) and it irrelevant once you are in the theater.
        When they get admitted, they get an I-94. Visitors for pleasure (B2) usually get 6 months on the I-94. That is all what matters. The visa is completely irrelevant at from that time on.
        i want visit to amrica i have no sposer tell me what i do for it?

Comment

zaheer5

Even if you have no sponsor , you can still visit US.
          Tell me your age, country , single or married,any children, job/business/student, any relative in US?, have you applied
          for a US visa before?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X