10yr visitor visa for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10yr visitor visa for parents

Thanks to immihelp, my parents got 10yr visitor visa from Chennai. This site really helps in preparing the right documents needed. Thanks once again.

Details:
    My parents applying for the first time had to take an appointment since my mom is not yet 60 yrs old. The appointment was at 10:45 am. At the first counter they were asked to pay tts fee(Rs:400) and at the next counter my parents gave the document folders to the rep. and she took the following;
    1. DS 156 forms
    2. I-134 forms
    3. Demand drafts
    4. Personal affidavit (one for each candidate). In this we mentioned the worth of our property(movable&immovable) and also that my parents have another son living with them.
    5. Documents that i sent; financial/bank statements, salary certificate, pay slips, invitation letters(addressed to consulate and to my parents), birth certificate and passport photocopy
    6. In addition to this, i had included another letter addressed to the consulate stating that though i'm a permanent resident, i dont have the plastic card(green card) yet but the I-551 stamping on my passport is tantamount to having a green card. I included the photocopies of my I-551 stamping along with this letter.

They were given a token and were asked to wait. Since they needed a Tamil translator their turn for the interview came only at 1:15pm. The following were the questions asked;
    1. Who do u want to visit in USA?
    2. How long does your son have his green card?
    3. How long r u planning to stay? (6 months was the answer)
    4. How many children do u have?
    5. Where does your second son stay?
    6. How old is he?
    7. (Since my father is retired the officer asked the following questions to him);
    a. Where did u work b4 retiring?
    b. Do you receive pension? (My father answered in negative)
    c. How much were u getting paid before retirement?

Then they were told that they've been granted visa and were asked to pay the visa issuance fee.

Thanks for posting. We are glad that this website was useful.

I have copied this experience into our expeirences section, www.immihelp.com/experience

Before they come here, consider buying visitors medical insurance for them, available for instant purchase at www.immihelp.com/insurance
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X