visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa

My parents in India(Chennai) are visiting me in United States(Detroit) in January 2004 and their vistor visa is valid only until March 16 2003.

This means that they will have to enter United States before March 16 2003.Is this correct???

And if they are granted a stay for atleast 3-6 months(will be mentioned in the I-94) from January.
    So when they return to India via Frankfurt, their US visa stamp in their passports would have expired,since they would have stayed in USA until he date mentioned in the I-94.
    So do they still have to get the German Transit visa?

you seem to be confused with the dates

Parents want to visit in Jan 2004.
    Visa expires in March 16 2003.

If what you have stated above is correct -immigration officials in India and/or Germany will not allow them to board the place as their visas expired 9 months ago.

Comment

visitor visa

my mistake..
      yes their visa expires on mar 16 2004...

This means that they will have to enter United States before March 16 2004.Is this correct???

And if they are granted a stay for atleast 3-6 months(will be mentioned in the I-94) from January.
      So when they return to India via Frankfurt, their US visa stamp in their passports would have expired,since they would have stayed in USA until he date mentioned in the I-94.
      So do they still have to get the German Transit visa?

Comment

incorrect

If their visa expires on March 16th 2004 - they need to leave the US before March 16th 2004.

Comment

Re: incorrect

priyal73 is incorrect.

Visa stamp is used only to enter into US. Duration of stay is determined at the port of entry. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/vi...a.html#poe
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X