Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 question

Hi all,
    My I-94 expires on sep 30 2009 (and my 1st 3 years of H1B term), my company has applied for H1B extention. My question is:

1) Will I get an extention of H1B with new I94 expriation date or should I have to travel outside US to get a new I94 ?

2) Also, the H1B visa stamp on my passport has expired in Feb 2009 (have valid I94) I am assuming that my stay is legal even if the visa has expired! Is that right?

3) Overall if I get an H1B extention with a new I94 expiration date on it, I do not have to worry at all and only when I travel outside US in future needs to get the visa stamping! Right??

Thanks for reading the post and please do give your valuable responses.

Regards
    Priya

Sorry everybody, I just realized I have posted the thread in the wrong forum (Visitor visa help) I do not know how to move this to the H1B section.

Plz do not mind.

Comment

1. In most cases if you have had no status violations and the petition was filed properly, it comes as an extension of stay.
      2. Yes
      3. Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much txh1b for your promt reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X