Visa Appointment Language for Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Appointment Language for Parents

I need to schedule a visa appointment for my parents at New Delhi Consulate during last week of June.

My father is conversant with English, but my mother cant understand or speak English.

My questions:

1. Shall I take Visa Appointment in Hindi for both of them ? Consular officer may question my father, Inspite of knowing English, Why my father took appointment in Hindi ?

2. Shall I take Visa Appointment in English for both of them ? Consular officer may question my mother, If she didn't know English, Why she took appointment in English?

3. Should I take Visa Appointment separately in Hindi and English. There may be possibility that their interviews are at different timings. In this case should they both carry separate copies of supporting documents ?

I would prefer if they could go together.

PS: Hindi Appointments are not available currently. They say to check back in 24 hours.

Please advise.

You have any of the three options available. It is no problem.

But looking at the availablility, option #2 is the best. Your father can translate for your mother.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Just Spoke to VFS Helpdesk.

They told that father and mother both should take visa appointment in Hindi if they want to appear for the interview together (As it is common to both). They were very clear about this.

But you said otherwise.

Comment

1 and 3 are good.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X