Visitor Visa with too short validity-Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa with too short validity-Need advice

My In-laws attended for Visa interview on May 29th. MIL got 10 yr multiple entry but FIL was asked additional information (221g). He retired from DRDL in 2004. FIL responded back and got the visa on june 25th with 11 weeks validity that expires Sep 18th. In the questionaire he mentioned their intention to travel in Oct/Nov timeframe. They are not prepared to travel immediately and we want them to come during December time to avail our vacation.

We are not sure what to do and need your advice.

a) If we mail consulate requesting to extend the validaity will they consider?
    b) After Sep 18th, if FIL reapply for Visa, what are the chances of getting Visa satisying our time frame?

We are in dilema and not able to decide. All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Satish
    Last edited by nj2hyd; 06-29-2009, 10:31 AM. Reason: typo

a. No
    b. Depends. I would say they travel before the current visa expires and return on time. Getting a visa again after initial visit and return on time is fairly simple in most cases.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      a. No
      b. Depends. I would say they travel before the current visa expires and return on time. Getting a visa again after initial visit and return on time is fairly simple in most cases.
      Thanks for your response.

1. With just 10 weeks left they are not going to travel now. They are aged and its just strain.
      2. We want my FIL to re-appear for interview again after the current visa expires on Sept 18th. This time we will block the air tickets and have the itenary handy. As he did not utilize the current Visa hope they will consider.
      3. We are unclear whetehr to send an email requesting to extend or not, will this help as a supporting document for his next interview? or will it have an adverse impact?

Comment

Some logical questions:

Was it necessary to apply for a visa so early if they were only planning to come here in November?

If they are aged to go through the strain of getting air tickets booked in the next few weeks and landing here before Sept 18 how are things going to be different/better if they apply again in October and come here in November as the American winter is starting?

What if for some reason you book the tickets and he doesn't get the visa in October?

Comment

My FIL is in a similar situation as well. If your visa was approved for a short period of time, and you dont travel during that time, and if you re-apply again after the visa expired, what are the chances of getting a visa again?

Would the fact that you did not travel during the earlier visa time period hamper your chances of getting visa again so soon? In my FIL's case he's working and he had to cancel his earlier travel plan because of sudden work related issues.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X