Inquiry for B2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry for B2 Visa

My grandmother received a B2 visitor visa which she was able to extend up to two years. However, she overstayed her visit due to unforeseen circumstances. Upon leaving the country, she boarded her flight without receiving any exit stamp. She wants to visit again. Would there be any problems for her when she applies, even though there is no official record of when she left the US. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Her visa was automatically voided. She was recorded into USCIS system as an overstay. She will have a VERY hard time obtaining a new visa. Unforeseen circumstances? That's not going to fly with the VO.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

As per PoE records, she is still staying in the US because she never turned in her I-94. The responsibility of proving that she left in time is on her. Her passport will have all arrival stamps from her home country. Also, her visa is void now. SO you can imagine that chances are high of being deported back from PoE itself.

Comment

I have witnessed an old couple being grilled at POE recently as they applied for an extension on their previous visit and overstayed. The POE officer did not want them to be let in. I could not see what happened next. Also, a lady from Poland was deported the same day and a CBP officer came out to inform the people waiting for her and they were in tears.

Overstay is risky by all means!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X