Please suggest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please suggest.

We had applied for visitor visa to my parents in 2006 and it was rejected for the reason that tax returns didn't include my husbands income ( His name was there but income was zero as he was unemployed). My parents where asked what my husband was doing and if we are together etc.

We would like to sponsor visitor visa to my parents now and we have the same situation now. My husband is not working for past 3 years and so the tax returns shows only my income even though his name is there.

How to convince or what documentation we need to send so that inter viewer can get convinced that my husband is not working but we are together. When we came here i had come as a dependent to my husband and we now have the green card through my husband.

Thank you for your help.

Send joint residence papers, lease papers, insurance docs etc to prove you are still together.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you.

Should we tell them why he isnt' working also? ( like he is baby sitting our son who is 2 and half years or something like that?). Why he is not working would be their concern?

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Send joint residence papers, lease papers, insurance docs etc to prove you are still together.

Comment

They will not judge people that way. He could choose to be a stay at home dad to care for the kid or be pursuing other career interests like Art, Yoga, Music, Gardening etc. Is it a must that every human being work in the US?

Only red flag I see is if he got a GC based on employment and he quit working or did not work for that employer. That would be fraudulent.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Last time, i had sent all the papers in my name and we had not told any details of my husband to my parents as we thought they would not ask anything about him. Looking at my passport and tax returns they asked questions about my husband only (They saw that i had come as a dependent and there was no record of his in come in the tax returns when they went for visa as he wasn't working then).

These were the question they had asked: What is my husbands name?
          What is he doing and where he is working and what is his salary.
          My father said he didn't know as he wasnt' sure what to tell.

We can show good bank balance and my employment letter ( well paid contract job).
          if we send our joint lease etc showing we are together as suggested with other documents would that be enough?

Thank you for your replies.

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
          They will not judge people that way. He could choose to be a stay at home dad to care for the kid or be pursuing other career interests like Art, Yoga, Music, Gardening etc. Is it a must that every human being work in the US?

Comment

You should not hide anything. I am not sure why anything about your spouse was not mentioned. It should be like both of you are inviting them rather than just you. I am guessing that the VO might have suspected that something is wrong with the arrangement exhibited during the interview as your parents chose to say they don't know about the husband's salary than give a reasonable explanation for the fact about zero earnings from him which was easily noticeable in the tax return.

Stick to the truth and they may get a visa. Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X