Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 white paper

Hello,

I'm an Argentinean citizen with permanent residence in Canada and currently residing in Toronto. I have a B2 US visa that will expire next year.

I crossed the border to the US last February and they stapled a white paper to my passport with an expiration date for July 31 2009. I've heard that I have to renter the US before the expiration date to not run into problems. But I'm afraid I won't have the time to do so.

My question is: If I let it expire, what will happen the next time I go to the US?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Did you go out of the US after entering in Feb? If so, you can reenter until the day of expiry of your B2 visa which you mentioned is until next year.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes, in february I entered the US to shop in Buffalo and came back to Canada the same day.

So why do the US immigration stamps an expiration date in the white paper if my actual visa is valid until the next year?

Comment

And that white paper is the most important document to return when you leave US. If you did not do that, you are in trouble when you try to enter again or appear for the visa.

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

So, does that mean that if I renter the US before July 31, I get the white paper renewed and don't run into problems?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X