Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help scared of being deported

Hi
    I came on b1b2 visa.I have applied change of status from b1b2 to f1.I still haven't received any letter from immigration office.Its been more than three months i last heard from them.Sept my grace period expires.I am scared that i might me deported.I dont know what to do.I have been calling the uscis but not help it repeats the same thing that is on internet.
    plz help
    dont know what to do...

A COS from B1/B2 to F1 is tough and unless you were clear about your intentions to study at the POE and an annotation was made on the I-94 explicitly, a COS approval will be tough.

If you are so scared, why on earth did you not go for a F1 visa? If your I-94 expired and your COS gets denied, you began accumulating illegal presence the day your I-94 expired. You will not be deported while the application is pending. Once denied, you will be given 30 days to voluntarily leave the country before deportation proceedings are started.

This does no in anyway release you of the burden of a ban for 3 years on a 6-12 month overstay and 10 year ban on overstay beyond 1 year.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

same problem

do you know anything about 180 days of grace period..I just wanted to know how long a person can wait..Its really wastage of time and money..to wait for their result..going through same problem

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X