Parents Visitor Visa Rejected in Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visitor Visa Rejected in Mumbai Consulate

My parents went for their visitor visa yesterday to the Mumbai consulate and they got rejected. Some background: My husband is sponsorer, my brother is also here as a Student, my father has retired and is now working as a consultant in the same company and my mother is a housewife.

These were the questions asked to my father, no questions asked to my mother:
    Officer: Are u going for the first time to US
    Reply:yes.

Officer: where are you working
    Reply: so-and-so company.

Officer: what do they manufacture
    Reply: so-and-so

Officer: what does your daughter do
    Reply: she is a home maker.

Offier: what does your son-in-law do
    Reply: he works as a xxxx with xxxx.

Officer: show me the affadavit of support
    my father showed the paper to him

Officer: who else is there in US
    reply: My son and he is studying

Officer: which univeristy?
    Reply: xxxx in xxxx

Officer: do you have only two children?
    reply: yes

After that the officer told him that there is no positive reason for returning back to India. My father told him that he has an affidavit showing his interest in coming back with property, income and other bank balances.
    But he told this does not prove for him to on positive thinking that they will return to India.

My father also told him that he am working with a firm and he has to return back but this did not convince him.

Finally my father asked what can do further.
    He replied that he can reapply for visa.

we had prepared all documents based on immihelp.com and my father has his letter of employment, property papers, affidavit, our letters addressed to the consulate, invitation letters and everything.

My questions are:
    1.what do we do next?
    2.how soon can they re-apply?
    3.what additional evidence can be shown to confirm their return? should my parents apply seperately, in which case my mother can apply first and say that she has to return since her husband is here.
    4. does a senators letter help? or does knowing anybody in the Mumbai consulate or the VFS office help?

we are expecting a baby in the first week of September and I would really like them to be here at that time. Is it too soon to reapply and are the chances of getting it lesser if you reapply so soon?

Please help. any advice, tips or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Also...

the first time they had applied without using an agent. after this experience i am asking them to look for a really good agent who can help and tell you exactly how to phrase the documents and in what order. any opinions on this? does anyone with a similar experience in Mumbai know of a good agent who can help in this visa process?

thanks

Comment

Re: Also...

Don't go for any agent. Most agents claim they know people in consulate, they can get earlier appointment, they can ask for favors from officers, they can get more things done that you can't get done yourself.

Don't fall into any of those traps.

Just read http://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitors-visa/ read experiences and you should be fine.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Re: Also...

1. Reapply.
        2. Any time after 3 working days.
        3. Read everything at http://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitors-visa/ and prepare yourself.
        4. It is questionable. No one knows for sure how helpful or useless those letters are.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

When are u reapplying...

HiHave u repplied and what date did u get?
          I also have to reapply my parents visa which got rejected last week...

Thanks,

Comment

Do we need new set of documents to reaaply

My parents visa got rejected under 214B on 29 th june. They reaaplied and got interivew date on 10th August. Do I need to sent latest paystubs and bank documents. They already have a set of documents with them (which they used for first time) Their visa got rejected as the interviewer asked my father for the leave sanction letter.
            Which he didnt had at that time. Now he has that. Will this help. Will it help if he mentioned this in next interview and show the leave sanction letter. All other documents were fine.
            Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Re: Do we need new set of documents to reaaply

Please don't post same question twice.

It makes it difficult to keep track.

Look at my answer in another posting of yours.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X