Reentering USA after 5 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentering USA after 5 months

Hi, I left the US about 5 months or so, and now I wanna go back for a couple of months. First time I went I got 6 months, but I only stayed 2. This time, I may stay longer, as I can skip classes at the university and then going only to the final exams, which can be either at december or february.

I got the documents from the university, and about 6 credit cards to proove that my parents will be covering all my expenses. Will I get in trouble if I say this? I'm very afraid of this as I don't want to get rejected at the customs..

Also, lets say they give me 3 months, but I want to stay longer and give the exams in february, is it easy to get an extension? does it cost too much or does it envolve lawyers?

Thank you!!

Any advise would help...

Comment

What exams? Which visa?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It's a B2 visa I got for 10 years, I got it on january.. the exams are from some subjects at university which I already had at high school (same books, same everything), so I don't have to go to classes, I can go only to the final exams (I can choose december or february).

Comment

Please any advise would really help.. I am arriving to the US on wednesday morning.. I am really nervous. This is a summary of everything..

I got the ISIC (International Student Identification Card), which states that I am a full time student (by the UNESCO). I only have two subjects that I already had at high school not long ago, so I can skip classes, just study a bit, and then go to the final exams. They can be at december or february. My parents offered themselves to pay for this trip, because if I would stay, I would only have to go two or three days to the university, less than 9 hours a week for two subjects I have already studied.

I got 4 credit cards, and two debit cards, my parents will cover everything I need (I got friends there, so I have a place to live).

I also will have the invitation letter from this family (permanent residents, they are professional polo players, P1 visa I think). The return ticket is for three months after I arrive, but can be changed with no problems, as I want to stay for when the snow comes and go to ski to the Poconos. The idea would be to come back on february, 5 months after I arrived.

I only went once, so I don't really know.. can you get less than 3 months on the i-94? And if I get only 3 months, with this reasons I gave, would it be a good idea to apply for a 2 month extension?

Thanks..

Comment

You will be fine. Don't worry. If you act like a paranoid person, the IO might give you a short stay.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi, thank you very much for your answer. I usually am very paranoid before travelling, specially because of how expensive it can be from where I am coming (don't want my parents to lose over $1000 and have me back one day later).. but I was actually very cool when talking to the officer the last time, even though before that trip I was very nervous (way more than this one, this time I am just stressed)..

Anyway, thank you for that answer, I really needed to read something like that as I don't know many people who could give a certain opinion about cases like this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X