Parents Visa rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa rejected

My parents appeared for interview in chennai consulate with all documents and the visa was rejected under 124(b). They say that the officer didn't even look at the documents. We plan to reapply. What additional docs will help them? I read that a senator letter will help. How to obtain one?
    Their grand daughter's marriage is in Jan. Will an invitation help?

visit visa

What questions did the officer asked.How old are your parents?Did u r parents opt for English or regional language.Just try to analyse.

Comment

Re: visit visa

The officer asked a few Questions like

1. Where does your daughter live?
      2. What do u do?
      3. How many other children you have?
      - I have an elder brother and an elder sister, both married and living in India
      4. How long you want to stay? - 6 months

My father is 70, my mother is 65.
      They went for interview in English.

Comment

Re: visit visa

By the way, they own a home in India and produced that document as well

Comment

Visit visa

I remember seeing a sample senator letter in one of the forums .immihelp.com,@#%$.com and @#%$.com.
          Please do check these.

The next time when they apply,prepare docs for 3 months visit and not 6 months .Just a precaution.U can always extend it at Port of Entry.

Good luck

Comment

Visitor Visa for Parents

Hi DP,
            Make sure that you send all the required documents to your parents and also if you feel something more is required don't hesitate in sending those documents also. And word your invitation letter ( that you address to the visa officer) properly and politely assuring them that your parents are here only for a visit and affirm that they will return back to India at the end of their authorized stay. Actually, even before the visa officer looks at our parents, their mind is 80 - 90% made up ( if they want to grant or deny) just by looking at the visa application forms and other essential forms u send to them. This is from my own personal experience as my parents along with my sister got their visa couple of weeks back. My parents were not asked any questions except what you do here and my sister an extra question of how did you get 6 months vacation from your college? Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have more questions

Comment

Look at it this way - even before you get to the counter the Visa officer has already glanced at your application.
              he/she may have created a perception.

Opt for local language !

Is there anything in the application that you think was vague !

Comment

need weblink

can you please send me the link again for writing letter to senator.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X