Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given B1 for visitor

Hi,

My mom just arrived in the US for the first time. She's here to visit and to tour the US. She has a B1/B2 10 yr multi-entry visa. I noticed the stamp on her I-94 card and in her passport is actually B1 (Business) and not B2 (visitor). Would that be an issue?

My understanding is B2 usually gets 6 month stay, but her B1 only allow her to stay for 3 months. Is B1 typically 3 months only?

Go back to POE CBP office at the airport and get it corrected. There is a deferred inspection office at every POE.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

is there a date printed on the i-94? if so, what is it?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

the date is 1/5/2010, 3 months from yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
          Go back to POE CBP office at the airport and get it corrected. There is a deferred inspection office at every POE.
          Thank you, that suggestion worked!

Comment

Did they just change from B1 to B2?

Or did they also change your dates from 3 months to 6 months?

Please post your experience in detail as it would be very helpful to others.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Both.

When I first called the CBP office, they told me it is normal to give B1 stamp. But then the officer looked in the system and told me they made a mistake and told me to bring my mom to the CBP office so they can change it. So I took my mom there, they gave her a new I94 card with 6 month stay, crossed out the stamp in her passport and put a new stamp with the new date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X