Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding visitor visa - I-94

Hi,
    I am right now in US and I have got my H1 approval recently which is valid till 2011. But my I-94 which is in passport is expired. I am going to India this month end for visit and stamping also.

I am planning to process my parents for US visitor visa and have some doubts on the same.

1. Can I process their visa while I am in India?
    2. Which I-94 copy should I provide them for the documentation? Can I give the one which is in the bottom of the approval notice? I think this will be taken off when I leave US right.
    3. Will I get new I-94 when I come back to US from India and cause any discrepance with the one I have and my parents have?

Originally posted by kogantijk View Post
    Hi,
    I am right now in US and I have got my H1 approval recently which is valid till 2011. But my I-94 which is in passport is expired. I am going to India this month end for visit and stamping also.

I am planning to process my parents for US visitor visa and have some doubts on the same.

1. Can I process their visa while I am in India?
    Parents apply on their own merit. You only provide them a reason for visiting.
    2. Which I-94 copy should I provide them for the documentation? Can I give the one which is in the bottom of the approval notice? I think this will be taken off when I leave US right.
    You do not need any I-94 for visa application. But, keep copies of all I-94's for your records.
    3. Will I get new I-94 when I come back to US from India and cause any discrepance with the one I have and my parents have?
    Everybody will get a new I-94. Your most current I-94 is the only one relevant to your status (whether given at POE or at the bottom of approval notice)
    Answers Above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X