Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please advice on this general information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please advice on this general information.

HI,

First of all thank u very much and I appreciate the cooperation and sharing information and experience in this visitor visa forum.. I got lot of information by reading them.

One general question:
    My parents are from hyderabad, they cannot speak tamil, we dont have any relatives or friends in chennai to stay, they have appt on june 30th. Please advice how much it costs for auto from chennai train station to near by hotel to US consulate office. Also please advice some good hotels and rates near by consulate office, I hope you can find from your parents who visited like this. My father is a patient and my mother has to manage all this alone, so I am afraid.
    thanks for your advice in advance.
    sujatha.

stay

Hotels : It really depends on your budget.

I would say : Nungambakkam Road, T-Nagar,Cathedral Rd. is as far as you should go, Easy to get to the consulate from these locations .

But Chennaivasis should have a better idea.

Autos: Please avoid them, I would recommend you go for a taxi service. rent them for the day, you know what your costs are. I have never used the call taxi, I would avoid them, I can give you the number of someone I used for more than 10 years, really nice people rent them by the day.

Comment

stay

Yes please give me that telephone number of taxi and can we call them from chennai train station.. if not this taxi , how should we approach any other taxi... just go outside the chennai station and call taxi??

sujatha.

Comment

Check these out...

Hi,

These are some good hotels within 1-2 kilo metres from consulate depending on your budget

www.newwoodlands.com/ (Pure Veg)

www.travelmallasia.com/as...hotel.html

www.hotelsinchennaimadras...andel.html (5 star)

From Central Railway station, I think there is a counter for Call Taxis and it is a flat rate based on distance and I think it should be okay. I would think that taxi from Chennai Central station to these hotels should cost somewhere between Rs.100 to Rs.200

From the hotel, the front desk staff should be able to help your parents with the Taxi to consulate . It shouldn't cost more than Rs.25...

Usually, renting a car for the day will cost you between Rs.1500 to Rs.1800 (about six to seven rupees per KM and a minimum charge for 250 KM per day) plus driver allowance (around Rs.150)

Comment

Interview date.

hi Sujata,

Hey it seems that you have finally got the interview in this month. Actually I am in similar situation like you. My mother got the interview date for 1st week of Sept. My due date middle of sept. If I am not mistaken you are due in August??????

My question is how many times did you check the website to get the earlier date for the interview.

Thanks.

Comment

Interview date

Hi bvenkate!!,

Thanks for your input on the commute from train station to hotels through taxis, my parents are middle class so will stay in medium range hotels, if you know anymore hotels please let me know.. so is it better to go to taxi counter and not to prefer auto?? I heard auto drivers will cheat new people who doesn't know tamil there. any more advices are welcome please.

Vasanthi!!
            yes my due date is in august and finally my parents got visa stamping appt on june 30th, it is through an agent in hyderabad, if you are also from hyderabad I can let u know the details. he is passport studio man sunil near dropbox office in hyderabad. You can get appts. whenever you want through him if you pay 500 Rs. per passport.
            thanks,
            sujatha.

Comment

Some additional info...

Call Taxis are better and nominal. Yes, they can go to Call Taxi counter and avoid auto at any cost.

You can have someone call these numbers to find out how much they charge....

Bharati Call Taxi - (044) 28142233
              Chennai Call Taxi - (044) 25384455
              Fast Track - (044) 24732020

Comment

thanks

thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X