Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa positioning for Aunt who is a widow

Hi,

We are planning to invite my wife's father and her aunt (who is the younger sister of her father) to US. My wife's mom passed away when my wife was 9 years old and her widowed aunt (with no children) took care of her as they lived in a joint family.

Now, my wife wants to invite her dad and her aunt (who is like a mother to her) to US and this is a very unique situation as her aunt has neither a husband nor children. Also in terms of property she just has some land and no house of her own.

So we are worried about the visa interview as the visa officer could see her having no strong ties in India to return back and could be a potential immigrant.

We are planning to position it "as is" in the letter to consulate and invitation letter stating that her aunt has loved my wife as her own mother and she would like to have her visit her in US for a few months and my wife would like to take her around in US.

Did anyone go through a similar situation? Any opinions? Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.

-K

What you are doing is on the right track. Prepare the documents normally and hope for the best.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X