Parents visa rejected in Mum consulate. Approved 2 yrs back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents visa rejected in Mum consulate. Approved 2 yrs back

My parents visa was approved for 6 months about 2 years back. They came and stayed here for less than 4 months and went back. They had even travelled to Singapore and Canada.

Now after 2 yrs they applied in person at Mumbai consulate. Father was eligible for dropbox but mom was not. But they both went together. The visa officer hardly looked for any of their documents and none of mine. She was very arrogant and said they will migrate to US and hence rejecting the visa.

I think there was a communication gap. My father couldnt undertstand her accent. when she asked whos in US, my father bathing in innocence said "my only son is in US". In fact I have a sister whos settled in Bombay. The word "only" projected a view that I am their only son and hence I think the officer rejected. Even before my father could explain the visa officer shooed them away.

Now my question is
    1) I am planning to ask them to take a hindi interpretor ( which they refused last time). They speak hindi very well. Is this a good idea?
    2) I am planning to get 2 senators letter from CA and 1 from local congressman in Los Angeles where I live. Is this a good idea?
    3) I will explain in my letter to consulate and to senators about the communication gap. Good idea?

Thanks

Re: Parents visa rejected in Mum consulate. Approved 2 yrs b

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Immihelp !

Do you think I should contact the senators/congressman asap or should i wait? I am thinking of reapplying for parents in August. Do you know how much time does senators /congressman take to reply?

Comment

Your approach is correct

In your sponsorship letter to the consulate, mentioning about the communication gap is ok, but try not to blame the officer who rejected the visa (it is not appreciated).

You can mention that both your parents and you do not have any intention to extend their stay here as it is evident from their last visit to US when they returned well before their permitted time.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X