Missing Surname on Passport, Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Surname on Passport, Urgent

My father is applying for visitors Visa(B2) for USA. His surname is missing on the passport, and his first name is - Rakesh Kumar. While filling the D156 form I entered his first name as "Rakesh Kumar" and Last Name as "NA". Leter I realized that I should have entered his First name as "FNU" and Last name as "Rakesh Kumar" based on the instructions on the form. Its too late to change anything as his interview is tomorrow

Do you guys know if that will be an issue??

Also, What name would they print on Visa - I am guessing it will be "FNU Rakesh Kumar"?? Is that correct.

If his visa is approved I have to book his ticket right away, I can't wait for the passport to check his name on visa. Any suggestions what should I enter in first and last name whilke booking the tickets.

Please respond ASAP, its really urgent

No issue. Visa will be issued with the name format the consulate wants to use if they decide to approve the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

what about the air ticke, what should i mention on that???

Comment

The full name as in passport will be enough for airticket. As long as the name matches the PP, airlines are good with that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

But as far as i know the last name is mandatory while booking the ticket. In his passport he has first name - "Rakesh Kumar" and Last name is blank.

Also, when the visa is issued and most probably it will have first name - FNU and Last Name - "Rakesh Kumar"...

What exactly should i fill in the last name and first name for booking the ticket and also in I-94.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Use his full name as last name.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X