Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi I am H1 - visa holder.My Aunt is a US citizen and she filed I 130 for my parents.There are 6 more years for the visa to be current.Meanwhile I want to bring my parents to US for visiting purpose.Is there any chance their visa willbe rejected since the I 130 is in pending status?

Absolutely possible! Your parents are prospective immigrants and their long term goal is to settle in the US.

When they apply for a B2 visa which is a purely non-immigrant visa, they are required to prove that their ties are to their home country and that they have absolutely no intent to settle in the US.

How can they prove that when there are records to the contrary?

They and you will just have to wait out the time it takes for their immigrant visa to come through.

This is one situation where one can't have the cake and eat it too.

Comment

thank u

let me ask u this way r thr any chance for them to get the visitor visa. i have a 24yr unmarried brother in india so if they show abt my brother and the land proerties in india also if we show the return ticket what do u suggest?

Comment

All I can say is prepare it well, apply for it and hope for the best.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

its possible!

Originally posted by binbaby View Post
          let me ask u this way r thr any chance for them to get the visitor visa. i have a 24yr unmarried brother in india so if they show abt my brother and the land proerties in india also if we show the return ticket what do u suggest?
          my school buddy was in the same situation, his whole family were applied for Immigrant visa thru his aunt. its still in the process.
          After doing his medical school here in india he went to UK to do MSc. His parents r doc there too. While doing MSc he applied for B2 visa for some conference. He got it coz of very strong ties to UK(doc parents etc.). Now he is practising as a doc in UK. Lately he applied again for B2 visa while working as a doc in UK and imagine, he got 10yr ME. here his doc job in UK with £££££ earning proves strong ties.
          So it is possible, if u show VERY VERY strong ties! So prepare it very well! The immigrant & nonimmigrant irony in intention is not 100% rule. Ppl have gone thru it. But as rightly said by other ppl it all depends on the 2 mins of interview and the mood of VO.
          Best Wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X