Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Passport for US Visa D B1/B2 Expired

Hi,

My father was a diplomat till last year when he retired. Before retirement he had a US B1/B2 visa but it was class D (Diplomat). Now that he is retired he had to cancel his diplomatic passport and apply for the regular passport.

He is planning to come to US next year but is not sure if he can enter on his US Visa D B1/B2 stamped on his old diplomatic passport. the visa is valid for the next 7 years just that it says class D.

Can someone please advise if he can travel to US using his old visa or does he have to apply for a new visa.

Regards

There is no mention of a D class visa. I would ask you to email the state department of the consulate to clarify.

It is safe if he could apply for a new visa but is unnecessary if he could use the old visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I think there is some misunderstanding here.

There two different types of scenarios:

1. The person is a Diplomat for India. e.g., he works for Indian Consulate in Japan. He is issued Diplomat passport from India. He wants to visit the U.S. as a tourist. He is given tourist visa (B1/B2) with class D, for diplomat.

2. The person is a Diplomat for India to US. If he wants to come to the U.S. on a diplomat reasons, such as working for Indian Consulate in the U.S., he would get Diplomat such as A, G visa or whatever.

txh1b, you are referring to #2 above. However, the original poster is referring to #1 above. In that case, he would need to get new B1/B2 visa.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X