Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for a B2 one month after coming back to home country after 4 years on F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a B2 one month after coming back to home country after 4 years on F1

I have recently come back to India after 4 years on a student visa. My course was 3 years long, and then I was on OPT for a year. I was enrolled in another course, and dropped out because of an emergency

I had 15 days to leave the US. I left within the stipulated period of time. However, I still have unfinished personal business that needs attending to in the US: selling furniture, closing bank accounts etc.

I applied for a B2 visa on the 2nd Nov, about 25 days after my return. I explained my case to the visa officer. After which he asked me if I had a job. I told him that I was temporarily working for my mother, and would begin full-time work when I was back. I did not mention to him that I had an offer for work upon return. My application was rejected.

Is is worth reapplying within the next week? I already have a return ticket.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X