Filling up Visa Application Form(DS-156)when extended in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling up Visa Application Form(DS-156)when extended in USA

My parents got 214b refusal from Chennai consulate twice. My parents extended their visitor visa when they visited US in 1998 by filing I-539 notice and stayed for 9 months. My parents (both father & mother) got a 214b refusal in Nov 2003. Again my mom went for visa on April 22nd 2004 and got 214b. They did not look at any of the documents. They just asked her why you stayed for 9 months. In Visa Application form(DS-156) at Column 29 when we mention that they had stayed for 9 months that the Consular Officer is not seeing any documents and also determined to refuse tourist visa under 214(b). Can we mention in column 30 of Visa application form Have you ever been issued a US Visa by mentioning Visa extension at USA even though that there was no proper column to mention in DS-156?

Re: Filling up Visa Application Form(DS-156)when extended in

I don't understand your question.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Filling up Visa Application Form(DS-156)when Visa extended

To understand more it is appropriate to mention that the Consular Officer did not look at any of the documents once the Visa application is filled mentioning that they had stayed for 9 months at Column number 29 of Visa Application Form. As such,Sir, my question is that how to project/mention the Visa extension done by filing I-539 at USA and legally got extended visa extension at USA while filling the Visa Application Form (DS-156) afresh seeking visa where there is no provision to fill up any such entry. However, at column number 30 of Visa Application (DS-156) there is a column - Have you ever been issued a US Visa? Can we mention here the extension of Visa accorded at USA. I appreciate your valuable guidance in this regard.

Comment

Re: Filling up Visa Application Form(DS-156)when Visa exten

There is no column to mention anything regarding extension in DS-156.

I would recommend writing a letter to them explaining them that it was legal stay and enclose that with the application if they are ready to accept separate letter. Otherwise, nothing much can be done.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X