Mother's visa rejected for second time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's visa rejected for second time

My mother's (widow) Visitor Visa was rejected twice at the Mumbai consolate in the last two months. She runs a small business in India and owns an apartment. I am here with my wife and 2 year old son. Two sisters and one brother are in India. All married. My brother stays with my mother. The officer asked general questions like why you are going to US and who will look after the business, who all are there in the family etc. I plan to visit US only for 3 months but I fail to understand as to why her Visa was rejected. The reason metioned was 214(b). I am planning to apply for the third time. Should I send the documents again? My project assignment gets over in November. I am planning to re-apply immediately. Could you please advise.

is this her first visit?

Comment

my mom's too

Even my moms visa rejected twice. She is widow too. This is reall rediculous. I think, they just reject it if she is wodow. I think we all should complain this. This should be our major concerned. As even our moms cannoty visit.

Comment

Pls keep trying

Guys, I can understand this. Even I use to think like widows can never get a Visa. These US Consulates in India act very funny sometimes. Just bcos someone is a widow does not mean he/she is going to come and stay in US.

My Mom is a widow and I am her only son and she did get the Visa. From her experience, I would suggest the following.

When asked how many sons u have / when did ur husband pass away, pls dont say 1 son or husband passed away x yrs ago. Pls also add the other family members staying wtith u in india... like

I have 1 son but my parents (or anyone) stay with me and are dependent on me.

I understand this is a bit unasked answer but this can be a way to counter the negetive feeling that the officer gets by hearing u are a widow.

Pls keep on trying.... thats all we can do.

Thanks
        Anand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X