Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any time limit to enter USA after getting the visa

Hi There,

Me and my wife got the Tourist Visa for USA category (B1/B2) Multiple entries for 5 years which is valid from 17 November 2009 to 15 November 2014. Initially, we planed to visit USA on 05th December 2009 to attend my sister's graduation. But unfortunately due to some personal matters we could not go to USA.

Now my question is 'Is there any time limit for us to enter USA?' as we are not planning to go to USA right now. We would rather go for our Summer holiday in August 2010. Are we allowed to enter USA in Aug 2010 which is more than 6 months after the start of the visa validity date?

I was told by some friends that we have to make the first entry to USA withing 6 months from the starting date of Visa validity period. Is it true? Please advise.

We both are Nepalese citizen but currently residing in UK. If you know any website link to the above query please let us know.

Thank you.

I am surprised not to get any reply

Dear friends,

Its been some times now that I posted my above query. I am really surprised that no one has replied. Is it because this question is silly or is it because this question has no definite answer or is it because this question is too hard to answer?

Can anyone please reply if he or she knows about this or if he or she has been in similar situation. Also if you can please provide me an email address to contact/email the USA embassy regarding this query.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2010.

Comment

It is because this question has been answered 1000 times on this forum before. You didn't search in the forum for this and posted again.

You can visit any time before your visa expires. There is no six months rule.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you for ur kind reply sir.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X