Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor's Visa

Dear sir / Madam,

My name is Masarat , I am an US Citizen and lives in Illinois Chicago. I have couple questions regarding a no- immigrant visit visa for my niece and I am seeking your help with the hope that I might get the professional advise to procced on this process.

My niece is 25yrs old and she had US immigration when she was 11 or 12 yrs old thru her mother. Her partents and her, had the immigration and green card in 1996,
    She along with the parents left for India in 1997 with the intention to come back within the re-entry allowed time, but with the unseen and unpredictable circumstances the parents were not able to come back to US within the time and they never renewed the greencard, so not sure if the green card still valid or not.
    My niece is 25 yrs old and she wants to attend my daughter'd wedding that is on Jan 1st of 2010.
    So, my question is if she still able to use her immigration status or she need to apply for a non immigation visit visa?
    if she is filling a non-immgration visit visa form what is the correct answer for question, 30, 31 and 36?

Please help us, we really want our niece to attend my daughter's wedding , they are of the same age, still the best friends although they live in two different corners of the world.

Hope to hear from you soon with the best offered help.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Her green card is no longer valid. She needs to apply for non-immigrant visa.

Please send the text versions of the questions are you referring to. We are not going to spend time looking at various forms and their question numbers.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks for the response, here are my question that need some assistance to fill in the non-immigrant visa form Ds156

question 30. Have you ever been Issued a U.S. visa ? yes or no ( since she had immigration and was in US in 1997, I am assuming the answer " yes")
      31- Have you ever been refuese a U.S. Visa ? yes or no , never applied for any type of US visa after they left.

36- Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant Visa pettition on your behalf? yes or no. ( they had the immigration was she was minor) but no one after that filed an immigration for her after that , so if the answer is " no" ?

Thanks again
      Immihelp Support

Comment

30. Yes.
        31. No.
        32. No. Immigrant visa petition was filed for her mother and not for her .
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks for the help, my niece is filling out form DS156, she got stuck on question 30 when the answer is yes.
          Type of visa ? not sure what is the answer, (Immigration visa petition was filed for her mother by mother's brother)
          Could you please help?
          Immihelp Support

Comment

Type of visa: Immigrant Visa.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X