Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relative in US, employment status

hello everybody!

I'm Dr.Prasad chandran from India. I will be appearing for a b2 visitor visa to the US in a few days time for the purpose of writing an exam. My brother is holding a H1B visa currently. will this affect my odds of getting a visitor's visa cuz the consular officer might think tht i'd also settle down in US like my bother? wht would be an appropriate answer if the officer asks me how i'd assure him tht i wouldnt settle down in the US like my sibling? and i have not been employed for the last 8 months. will telling them tht i've been unemployed for a significant time affect my chances? If i get a letter from an uncle(a doctor) that i've been working under him at his clinic , will it be helpful? kindly provide me with ur suggestions
    thanks in advance
    Dr.Prasad

Just because your brother is in the US on H1B visa, it does not negatively impact you.

What kind of exam are you coming to the US for? Is it like to study and then practice in the US? If so, that is an obvious indication you want to stay in the US.

I always recommend that you always give only the complete truth and nothing but the truth.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

i would be appearing for step 2 us medical licensing clinical skills exam(USMLE STEP 2 CS) which is currently being offered in the US alone. only if i pass this exam i'd be able to apply for a residency which would enable me to get an MD.
      for attending this exam i need a visitor visa. and i'd be pleased if u could gimme some input abt my employment status problem
      would it be a bad idea to get a letter form my doc uncle stating tht i was getting trained at his clinic in the last few months?
      thanks for the prompt reply
      Last edited by papprasad; 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

that letter will not help u, if u r really desparate for residency in US, then dont go for visitor visa, apply for student visa,even if u cleared CS on visitor visa, chances of getting residency on visitor visa will be very very less.

Comment

thank you immihelp.. i have been stamped with a 3 month ME visa with an annotation stating the exam name as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X