Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should my inlaws expect problems at POE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should my inlaws expect problems at POE ?

My inlaws have a 10 year visitors visa that expires in October 2010. They visited my brother-in-law in California from March 2009 to Sept 2009. My brother-in-law applied for their extension (during their visit) which was rejected due to lack of documents. But they left the country on-time before their I-94 expired.

After a gap of 5 months, they are visiting us again in Feb 1st week of 2010 since my wife is pregnant.

Couple of questions -
    - Does the return within 5 months + extension rejection last time(even though they left before I-94 expired) cause their I-94 dates to be shorter than 6 months ?
    - They plan to carry passport(with the visa stamp), return tickets, copies of rejection letter etc. Is there anything else I should ask them to carry ?
    - Do I need to send any invitation letter ? Does that help in anyway ?
    - What kind of questions should I prep them for at POE ?

Thanks for your help.
    DI

Since they left the US before their I-94 expired, the whole extension business does not really matter.

But it is likely that they will not be granted a 6 month stay when they get here in February and that is because there is only a gap of 5 months between their last visit (which was 5 months long) and this one.

They could be asked some tough questions at the PoE about the purpose and duration of the visit. An invitation letter is not going to help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X