Re-entry on multiple visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry on multiple visitor visa

My mother-in-law holds 5 year multiple visitor visa. She came to US and left after 6 months of stay on expiry of her visa. She came to US again within one month. At the port of entry, immigation officer directed her to different room for futher clarifications. After 4 hour, immigation officer came out and asked my wife, who was waiting outside for her mother, couple of questions and asked her how long does she planning to stay? my wife said she will stay for 3-4 months. Officer replied that he is granting her visa for 6 months but if she stay in US of 6 months and try to reenter soon...she will have problem.

Now question is....

1) is true if my mother-in-law stay for 6 months then she will have problem in re-entering?

2) Since we sponsored my mother-in-law, any remarks by officer on her file will anyway impact when we apply for citizenship. Currently we holds green card from last 4 years?

Thanks

Sandy

1. Yes. If they detect that your mother-in-law is trying to spend most of her time in US, that is not true intent of tourist visa, she may be denied entry next time.

2. I don't think so.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X