Question of old business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of old business

My Father's VISA got rejected. He had a business which he wrapped up 8 years ago. In the application form there was a question regarding work-present or past where he mentioned about his business.
    The VISA officer also asked him about his old business. Though, my father has property(house) in his name which is rented out and my brother lives in India.The officer did not seem interested in the property etc. Looks like he got stuck over the wrapped up business.

We would apply again. My question is, we can't evade the question of old business then how do we make sure all goes well next time.
    Also, how soon can we apply?

Thanks

When visa officers gets the impression that the applicant/interviewee is trying to evade a subject or is not willing/open to providing details about something, it makes them suspicious.

The solution is to readily have clear details and paperwork pertaining to past employment. It is NOT for the applicant/interviewee to decide what information is important or not important for the visa officer to know.

My father had been retired for over a decade when he went for his interview. When asked about his current income he included in his answer brief details of his past employment history in a multinational company and even showed the visa officer a letter of appreciation he received from the German headquarters of the company at the time of his retirement, along with his CA statement.

And interestingly the visa officer actually ignored the CA statement (which provided a detailed answer to his original question) but read through the letter in full.

So the idea is for the applicant/interviewee to provide the interviewers with all the information and allow them to decide what they want to or do not want to focus on.
    Last edited by smohanty; 02-10-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I have a few more questions:

1.How soon can my father re-apply for his visa.

2.My father had applied from Delhi this time as his property, ration card etc. are of Chandigarh. Also, his passport was issued in Chandigarh. But he has stayed all his life in Kolkata. He had his old business in Kolkata. My brother also works there. Do you think it will be better for him to apply from Kolkata ? It will be much easier for him too as he lives in Kolkata, while he rents out his property in Chandigarh and may be goes there for 2-3 months every year.

3. Also, we are thinking of including details of his rental property under the 'present employer' section in new application. This time when his visa got rejected, he only had details of his old business under the employer section of the application and we think that's what caused the rejection.
      Last edited by hgujral; 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM. Reason: added more queries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X