Appealing or Re-applying for visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appealing or Re-applying for visa

When my father's visa was refused 2 days back, the VO did not give him any letter of refusal with the reasons. He only got a booklet, about visa denials. Also, his passport was not stamped with the visa refusal stamp.

Does this mean, his case can be considered if we Appeal or should we re-apply and start the process. To appeal I think we should not delay but I need to know which route I should follow.

The VO did not ask my dad about his rental house as the application had only details about his wrapped up old business- hence, no proof of ties in India.So we would focus on his present situation now but please advise as to which step is feasible for us.

Thanks

There is no appeal. You will have to reapply all over again.

And don't use any travel agent this time.

Spend some time on this web site, read everything in detail and prepare accordingly. He will have much better chance.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I am repeating my other question as I still need some advise:

1.How soon can my father re-apply for his visa.

2.My father had applied from Delhi this time as his property, ration card etc. are of Chandigarh. Also, his passport was issued in Chandigarh. But he lives in Kolkata, while he rents out his property in Chandigarh and may be goes there for 2-3 months every year. His old business was in Kolkata too. My brother also works there. Do you think it will be better for him to apply from Kolkata ?

3. Also, we are thinking of including details of his rental property under the 'present employer' section in new application. This time when his visa got rejected, he only had details of his old business under the employer section of the application and we think that's what caused the rejection.

Please advise.

Comment

1. As soon as he gets appointment.

2. Look residence question at

I think he should apply from Kolkata.

3. You can do that.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

According to the the refusal facts on Immihelp, applying from a different consulate would cause being re-directed to the consulate which rejected the visa application. It would be more convenient for my father to apply from kolkata, but I just want to make sure his case does not get messed up further at the 2nd interview.

I have posted the link below regarding the above confusion I have about the residence and consulate issue.

Please do clarify for me. I am really relying on your advise and get some hope here.

thanks

Comment

That is right. No consulate shopping around.

However, it seems that he should not have applied from New Delhi in the first place. If he lives in Kolkata, he needs to apply from there.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

I wish I had knowledge of this wonderful website when my dad was applying for his visa. He applied from Chandigarh-only because it seemed to us, since his passport, voter card, ration card are of Chandigarh-hence, that's the consulate he should choose.

Anyways, now its clear, that he should re-apply from Delhi and not Kolkata. We'll wait for another month before re-applying.

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful advise.

Comment

From Kolkata, not New Delhi.
                Immihelp Support

Comment

When you wrote,"no shopping around for consulate," I thought you meant New Delhi and not Kolkata- since visa got rejected in Delhi.

I am still confused. Please explain in detail why is it that you suggest we still go to Kolkata.

Comment

Shopping around:
                    If you live in New Delhi, and correctly apply at New Delhi, and you get rejected, you can't go to Mumbai and apply.

Why Kolkata:
                    You have to apply from the place you where you permanently live, and have been living there for at least 6 months. That's why Kolkata in this case. He had applied incorrectly at New Delhi to begin with.
                    Immihelp Support

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I only hope the VO at the 2nd interview does not get suspicious and think my dad is trying to evade /hide an issue by going to 2 different consulates. Of course, my dad will have to give a plausible reason if asked.

My dad is still in Chandigarh but now I can ask him to leave for Kolkata and apply from there.I just hope it works this time.

Thanks

Comment

All the best.
                        Immihelp Support

Comment

Will my dad need to show any proof of residence in Kolkata?

He changed his ration card, voter card etc. to his Chandigarh address few years back (due to some property issue). In Kolkata, he lives in a rental house which is in my brother's name, but my father has the land line phone bill in his name and also bank accounts and FDs at Kolkata.

Will this suffice, or do we need more proof for residence in Kolkata?
                          Last edited by hgujral; 02-15-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I really rely on the advice given by you and hope you can give me some valuable tips on the last question I posted.Here is my question again :

Will my dad need to show any proof of residence in Kolkata?
                            He changed his ration card, voter card etc. to his Chandigarh address few years back (due to some property issue). In Kolkata, he lives in a rental house which is in my brother's name, but my father has the land line phone bill in his name and also bank accounts and FDs at Kolkata.

Will this suffice, or do we need more proof for residence in Kolkata?

Thanks

Comment

Hard to say.
                              Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X