Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian student in UK seeks help

Hi all,

I am a female Indian student studying in the UK on a student visa that expires in 2011. I wanted to visit my relatives in the US for a 2 week visit during April (easter break). I applied for B2 visa to the US embassy in London and got my application rejected on the basis that I am an international student and have not show enough ties to the country I am in. I now know where I went wrong during my previous application. I should have given all my documents - scholarship bonds which oblige me to stay in Europe till 2011, rent agreement in UK, invite letter, College statement (instead of giving just the college statement) at the biometric window.

Now I wish to reapply to visit US in July.

1. I am coming home (Delhi) in March-April for a month. Should I rather apply from India than applying from London again?
    2. I have the invite letter from my relatives (no sponsorship from them) dated in January. will that be ok?
    3. I am self-sponsoring myself cos I have a steady income from my scholarship. Will that be ok? My bank statements are of a UK bank (and the latest statement I can get is on 5th march , while I will be attending the interview in April hopefully)
    4. Can I be rejected again on the basis that all my documents indicate ties to the UK?
    5. I heard that to indicate ties to your country , u can get an affidavit from your parents. What should the affidavit contain? How else can I show my ties to India?
    5. How do I approach the interview?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

1. Applying from India might be a good idea.
    2. If it's less than 90 days old it should work fine.
    3. Yes.
    4. There are no guarantees.
    5. Since you live in the UK I doubt if any affidavit from your parents will particularly help.
    6. Honestly
    Last edited by smohanty; 02-25-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Could anyone tell me where I cud have possibly went wrong in the interview?

Comment

Simple... you don't have any social or economic ties to the UK or to India:

1. No spouse/children in the UK. Your ties to your parents in India is not considered strong because you are not a minor and are living away from them.

2. No financial ties to UK or India. You don't have a well-paying job in the UK that you would want to return to and you can technically drop out of the degree program without any serious legal consequences if you get better opportunities to settle in the US.
        Last edited by smohanty; 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Now how do I show a social/economic tie to the one of these countries? I am bound by an agreement with the EU government which forces me to stay in Europe for studies till 2011. Will that be enough? Will showing the papers for my Grandpa's property help cos my parents don't own any property in their name?

Comment

Now how do I show a social/economic tie to the one of these countries?
            -- You can't because there isn't any.

I am bound by an agreement with the EU government which forces me to stay in Europe for studies till 2011. Will that be enough?
            -- You can try and hope it will be enough.

Will showing the papers for my Grandpa's property help cos my parents don't own any property in their name?
            -- Don't think it will be of any help.

Comment

So does that mean even if I apply again, I am mostly not gonna get the visa?

Comment

Finish your studies by 2011 and get a well-paying job in the UK or India
                and/or get married
                and/or apply for further studies in the US...
                those are surefire ways of getting a US.

You are welcome to try again but you have to face up to the fact that currently your ties to both India and the UK are not very strong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X