Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa renewal / 221g

Hi
    I had B1 visa which was expired last year. I have applied for renewal. I was eligible for drop box so submitted application. I received 221g letter requesting to attend interview.
    I have travelled to US 2 times in art visa for business meetings. Once for 2 weeks and once for 8 weeks.
    while my B1 visa was valid my H1B petition was also approved but did not apply for visa stamping as plans had changed .

how will this affect the renewal now. What could be the reason to call me interview. I have a genuine travel need to travel for 7 days for attending conference.

please help
    Last edited by harryjones; 04-27-2019, 03:00 PM.

Originally posted by harryjones View Post
    I had B1 visa which was expired last year. I have applied for renewal. I was eligible for drop box so submitted application. I received 221g letter requesting to attend interview.
    I have travelled to US 2 times in art visa for business meetings. Once for 2 weeks and once for 8 weeks.
    while my B1 visa was valid my H1B petition was also approved but did not apply for visa stamping as plans had changed .

how will this affect the renewal now. What could be the reason to call me interview. I have a genuine travel need to travel for 7 days for attending conference.
    No need to worry, just attend the interview. Based on what you mentioned, they would like to verify two things:

1. You are still alive.
    2. Why you did not used your H1B petition & are not trying to enter USA using B1 & then switch to H1B.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks.

Since I had not applied for H1B visa , I did not mention it in DS. While filing DS it said have you applied any other visa to which I clicked no. There is no question stating did you have any other non immigrant petition filed like there is one question for anyone has filed immigration petition on your behalf.
      so hope that does not create a confusion in VOs mind or VO does not take it in a sense that I have mentioned incorrect information

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X