Visitor Visa (B1/B2) renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa (B1/B2) renewal

My Parents B1/B2 visitor visa was issued on Nov 2007 and expired on Nov 2017. Are they eligible to renew it by just only scheduling a finger printing appointment? Do I have to resubmit all the forms (DS-160) and supporting documentation? Will there be any visa interview for renewal?

FYI, they are currently in India and trying to renew from there.

Its called dropbox or IWP (Interview Waiver Program).

They just do not need to appear for the interview, rest all process (Fingerprint/DS160 etc) will remain same.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Their visa expired on Nov 2017. I heard that the previous visa must have expired within 12 months to be eligible for finger printing alone. Is it 12 months or 48 months for B1/B2 visa?

Comment

Originally posted by aprajitha View Post
        Their visa expired on Nov 2017. I heard that the previous visa must have expired within 12 months to be eligible for finger printing alone. Is it 12 months or 48 months for B1/B2 visa?
        No, you are right, they are NOT eligible for drop box since their visa was expired in Nov 2017.

However what is their age right now? Above 80 are also eligible for IWP.

Otherwise, they have to do the same process as they did earlier for their first visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X