Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry-Exit-Reeenter USA within 6 months

Hi,

Assuming with a B1/B2 visa, one can only stay for maximum 6 months at time, will one have any issue to reenter USA within those 6 months (for example renter USA from Canada after staying in USA for a month).

It depends on the mood of the CBP officer. Parents may or may not get problem.

By law one should stay in his/her home country longer then the stay in USA to prove the strong ties to home country. For example after 6 months of stay in USA, the person should stay in Home country for 7 months.

If you are not visiting or staying in home country between USA visits, it proves that you are abandoning your home country & misusing your B2 tourist visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

First. Contrary to popular belief. Even if you have a 6 month i94 permission stamped. Staying for full 6 month will raise red flags. You are supposed to be a tourist on that visa not a part time resident.

Now in case you wanna visit Canada as a genuine tourist and come back. Like lot of people do specially who visit Niagara Falls, there won't be a problem.

Since this assumed u already have both US and Canada visa. Advisable would be keep your visits short.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X