Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help filling DS-160, 'Other Names Used:'

Need help filling DS-160, 'Other Names Used:'

I am filling DS 160 for my in father in law and i have question regarding 'Other Names Used:', My father in law has different name in his educational certificates and old passport, After that he changed his name and all his new documents (Current Passport, pension documents, Bank Account,etc...) has new name. Since we will be including his educational details in DS 160, should we mention his name in educational certificates in 'Other Names Used:' section of DS-160.

What supporting documents should he needs to carry during his visa interview.?

Supporting documemnts which he has for name change;
    1. Notary public which he used while applying for Current passport (which has the new name)

Can you please suggest, Thanks for your time.

Thanks!

Yes, please mention his earlier name as "Other name used".

Is there a significant name change ? or just spelling correction ? Try to collect proof that both names does belong to one person only & he should be good to go.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes, please mention his earlier name as "Other name used".

Is there a significant name change ? or just spelling correction ? Try to collect proof that both names does belong to one person only & he should be good to go.
      Thanks for your response, there is change in my father in law First Name. Something like below.

e.g.
      Earlier: LAST NAME: SINHA, FIRST NAME: JAGADESHWAR

Current: LAST NAME: SINHA, FIRST NAME: JAGADESH KUMAR

He got his name change through Notary public and Gazette we will carry those as proof. Do we need to use below template also.

Please let me know. Thanks Again.

Comment

Thanks for your response, there is change in my father in law First Name. Something like below.

e.g.
        Earlier: LAST NAME: SINHA, FIRST NAME: JAGADESHWAR

Current: LAST NAME: SINHA, FIRST NAME: JAGADESH KUMAR

He got his name change through Notary public and Gazette we will carry those as proof. Do we need to use below template also.
        https://www.immihelp.com/immigration...affidavit.html

Please let me know. Thanks Again.

Comment

Yes, preferred.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X