Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding filling of DS-160 application

Hello all.

My girlfriend and I are PhD students in a science field in a university in Taiwan. Its been 6 months since our joining. We were in the same lab as project students for 6 months prior to joining as PhD. We are Indian passport holders. Both of us, along with our three Taiwanese lab-mates, have been selected for a scientific conference in the US. As far as I know, Taiwanese nationals do not need to apply for US visitor visa. So, my questions are:

1: While filling the application, what should I answer in the 'Are other persons travelling with you' and 'Are you travelling as a part of group or organisation?'

2: Since we are a couple, would that affect the chances of being issued a Visa to us? Or should we not tell the VO, unless and until asked about our relationship? Or should we just say we are lab-mates?

3: And finally, where do you suggest we should apply for visa from? Taiwan embassy or any of the Indian embassies? We have address proof here in the form of ARC card and also have some savings here in our accounts. All expenses would be covered by our lab itself.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X