No announcement yet.

My b1/b2 visa is rejected. No idea why!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My b1/b2 visa is rejected. No idea why!

Here’s what I went through to go apply for the visa.

I was in Canada for my education. Last minute I’ve realized that I needed to go to the US before I head back home (Dubai).

I had no time to apply from Toronto, Canada and wait for the appointment there before my Canadian study permit expires and I have to renew it for next course from outside of Canada. So, I’ve decided to go to Cuba, have a vacation and apply from there.
    Its there where I realized I cannot apply from Cuba because US embassy was attached last year! So I looked at my options and found out that the closest is Panama. So, I booked a flight to Panama and went for my appointment. Thinking my visa will be approved then I head to Florida that is not far away.

Well, my application was denied.

Why was it denied?
    Here’s my situation that I was truthful about. I am self-employed, and student.

When the interviewer asked me how much is your income? I said I have no income because I am going to the US to sell my first product that I have been developing for the last three years.

He asked me who was supporting you in Canada and who is going to support your trip to the state?
    I said: at the beginning I had a scholarship and I was sponsored by my government when my scholarship was finished, I was sponsored by my family. And, for the trip to the US, I have Inheritance and I am also supported by my family.

The interviewer then told me “We are not giving tourist visa at this time”, he handed me a letter and said “You can find out more from this letter”.

The letter was (Denial under section 214(b)). Which pretty much says (I have no strong reason to leave US).

If that the real reason, then the truth is, I have. I have a family in Dubai and I a course that I have to go for in Canada.

I was one of the last ones, so I went back to the interviewer when the lineup finished and I told him that I don’t understand why I was denied. After many questions from me, I asked is it because I don’t have a registered business? he said that’s part of it. I said well, that’s why I want to go to the US. I asked again, is it because I have no income? he nodded his head yes!

Well, the reality is, I have money!

The real reason that I think he denied me is because maybe he thought I was over confident. He gave me more than one reason why I was denied. He changed it twice. None of the reasons makes sense. And he didn’t even ask me for proofs or supporting documents.

Any thoughts as to what I should do to get approved next time?

Which visa did you applied for? B1 or B2?

One of the basic requirements for both the visas is to have "Strong ties to your home country", which you certainly not showing, by living in Canada. You need to have continuous income to support yourself. Merely having $4-5K in your account doesn't prove that you'll return back - rather you can think to stay in USA & make money here.

Your family are not dependent whom you cannot live without. Spouse & kids in home country ensure that you'll surely return to meet them. While parents can stay with your brother/sisters.

Just my thoughts.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Which visa did you applied for? B1 or B2?

One of the basic requirements for both the visas is to have "Strong ties to your home country", which you certainly not showing, by living in Canada. You need to have continuous income to support yourself. Merely having $4-5K in your account doesn't prove that you'll return back - rather you can think to stay in USA & make money here.

Your family are not dependent whom you cannot live without. Spouse & kids in home country ensure that you'll surely return to meet them. While parents can stay with your brother/sisters.

Just my thoughts.
      I thought its called b1/b2 visa.

how much should I have in my account?

also, I have a letter of acceptance in a college in Canada. Isn’t that a proof?

Comment

Originally posted by ryantremin View Post
        I thought its called b1/b2 visa.
        B1 is for business purpose only & B2 is for tourism purpose only. Usually they issue B1/B2 (combined) for B1 application. Not sure about B2 application.

how much should I have in my account?
        There is no defined rule by USCIS, but consider US$2500 as normal for an stay of one week, considering an average hotel in SFO/LA/SD is $250 per night.

also, I have a letter of acceptance in a college in Canada. Isn’t that a proof?
        No, you just got admission in that college, but not joined that & you can anytime leave it. An permanent regular income is better.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

I was able to get a balance from my two accounts one in canada for $6000 USD and one from my home country of $2000 USD

Also, I’ve applied for a job and i am accepted and I am able to start working anytime. And i am waiting for the letter from the company i am accepted at also back home. Do those help despite the fact that i am not home and I wasn’t for the last few years?

Comment

I was able to get a balance from my two accounts one in canada for $6000 USD and one from my home country of $2000 USD

Also, I’ve applied for a job and i am accepted and I am able to start working anytime. And i am waiting for the letter from the company i am accepted at also back home. Do those help despite the fact that i am not home and I wasn’t for the last few years?
            You need to understand, what they look for. They want an surety that you'll have a reason to return back. As long as you satisfy that you'll get the visa.

Merely having offers, won't help.

$8000 in total is good for stay. But what you will do once your stay is over? How will you survive? Showing that you have regular income helps.

Hope that clears the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

You need to understand, what they look for. They want an surety that you'll have a reason to return back. As long as you satisfy that you'll get the visa.

Merely having offers, won't help.

$8000 in total is good for stay. But what you will do once your stay is over? How will you survive? Showing that you have regular income helps.

Hope that clears the doubt.
              I’d like first to thank you for being so responsive and helpful.

The job I am talking about isn’t an offer, its my job for the last few years, the only thing is that i was working online, I have an income and I can prove it, its the $2500 i was talking about and provided. What changes now is that I am offered, and accepted same job only a full time basis. I asked for the letter from the company to show that I am to start the full time job on November 10th. I was wondering if that would consider a strong tie.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X