Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 - Second attempt for a Defence personal - Stuck on DS160 Question

Hi All.

I tried applying a B2 for my parents around 6 months back and they were not approved. We do not know the reason why they were denied.

I am now trying to reapply the same for my Parents and have few questions -

1. Do USCIS match the DS160 with the previously submitted DS160 (rejected B2) ? There was a question that asks if you have any specialized training on firearms and nuclear weapons and all to which i earlier answered YES as my father has served in Indian Army and they do get a training for basic weapons. I doubt if this was the reason to be denied ? If i chose to answer this NO this time, would they note the obvious change in DS160 information ?

2. Does changing consulate really helps ? I do not want to force them to travel to a different state as they are in Hyderabad.

3. I did not sponsor them last time. Could this be one reason of denial ? I am planning to be a sponsor this time. Would this change anything ?

Thank You in advance.

Originally posted by manojkapri View Post
    1. Do USCIS match the DS160 with the previously submitted DS160 (rejected B2) ? There was a question that asks if you have any specialized training on firearms and nuclear weapons and all to which i earlier answered YES as my father has served in Indian Army and they do get a training for basic weapons. I doubt if this was the reason to be denied ? If i chose to answer this NO this time, would they note the obvious change in DS160 information ?
    I don't think they refer earlier DS160(s), but they do certainly maintain records. At any rate, do NOT lie or hide the truth - it can result in a ban for years for any visa.
    2. Does changing consulate really helps ? I do not want to force them to travel to a different state as they are in Hyderabad.
    Rules are same for any embassy, changing consulate doesn't really help. Remember USA always goes by what is written as a rule.
    3. I did not sponsor them last time. Could this be one reason of denial ? I am planning to be a sponsor this time. Would this change anything ?
    Self sponsoring their own visa is always a good bet, it shows that the person is well to do in his home country & would surely return. Having a sponsor shows they are dependent & can request for money from USA govt, once they are here.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X